Tuesday 12 June 2012

1 st MISTAKE OF MY LIFE

(Read '3 mistakes of my life' two days back! )

i never listened to my parents, always argued for whatever i felt was right...

i was asked not to apply for navodaya entrance exam, i did...
i was asked not to prepare for it, i studied...
i was asked not to write the exam, i wrote..
i was asked not to join the school, i did...............and that was the 1st mistake of my life....


my first day in navodaya, aravali dormetry... our seniors wanted us to stay happy, so they arranged a freshers party, a small one, with dance and songs.. we pretended to be happy .. damn it! i was feeling home sick! i wanted to lie down, i saved my tears for bed time. and i guess all the freshers were feeling the same...

we were nodding at whatever seniors said, we were laughing for their so-called comedies..
and we heard knock at the door... none of us cared to open the door... knock at the door grew more intense..

who the hell is this?? someone got fed up with the knock and open the door.. everyone got stuck ! our mouth wide open! it was rosy mam, our wise principal, everyone feared her to death! everyone turned silent for a moment.. she came forward, grabbed a hanger from the stand, and started beating everyone's leg.. freshers were not punished, but we couldn't help our seniors getting punished, i didn't have courage even to close my eyes.. she left the dome leaving everyone in tears.. i went to bed, that was the worst night a 11 year old could have.. i thought of my home,achan, amma, ettan.. i didn't know why the picture of everyone i loved came to my mind at the moment... i tried desperately to sleep, i couldn't........

i was never able to adjust with that life style.. i didn't know to tie my hair, i didn't know how to tie my shoe lays,i didn't know to wash my clothes ( i don't know that even now) , i didn't know to eat without wasting....
so, it was a hell...


and..for forgetting an umbrella, i was made to sit up 50 times.. i couldn't walk the next day..i couldn't climb up the steps, i couldn't move my legs...
i burst into tears when my parents came for a visit...
and...i got a tc....:).. one of the happiest moment in my life...

i came back to chinmaya.. my class welcomed me with claps! our class teacher , nishanth sir knew me well.. he didn't even strike my name from attendance list, though i was not in school for more than a month, he knew well that i would come back!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a heartwarming story about an innocent girl. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete