Wednesday 29 June 2022

New girl in the City!

 

I moved to Chandigarh on 17 th June, 2022.

I have been here for a couple of times before, first one before meeting V and a few times after meeting him. The City Beautiful. I remember someone telling me that this is one of the best places to li


ve in India. Well, I ll find out about that.

I ve only lived in places from where  I could get into an over night bus or train to go home. So, this, settling to a new city is different for me. Also I ve only been to places where I could meet and talk to many. I ve enjoyed my 5.5 yrs in TMC and my 3 years in Lourdes. And it was all because of my friends and colleagues. I am not sure whether I would be able to find a bunch here.

V is here. Other than him, I know our house owners, very sweet and kind, making me feel home.

I told V that I wanted to learn something new , and more importantly I wanted to talk to people, so I would join some classes. We went, I joined Acrylic painting class, but it turned out that I am the only student in my time slot, and it’s a one- to- one class, 1 hr everyday and it’s a pretty serious one. I even get to do homeworks.

This city is different. Or may be I feel its different from where I ve lived all these years. Different from kerala. I ve lived only in hostels- alone or with room mates, I should say, I enjoyed both. Here I m living in a rented house, with V. We stay on the top floor in a 3 storyed building. It’s a residential area. Quiet, and serene.

I am at present waiting for my results, I have plenty of free time, Why don’t I write down whats In my mind. I can capture photos, I ve plenty of them. But do they capture whats on my mind? Do I , after many years really remember or know what I was feeling when I shifted here.

When I was in school, at one point, I wanted to be pilot, another time a writer, then an astronaut , a doctor and what not. Well, you cant be many things at once, but whatever you are, you can still write. And read. I forgot the last time I read a book in fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment